Business System Analyst
The Business analyst’s main responsibility is to ensure the operational efficacy and excellence of an organization. The business analyst designs and documents work flow, manages and provides solutions to new business unit ideas, trends, and concepts appropriately through the latest technological paths. The business analyst understands the customer’s business requirements and business process management and then translates them to particular software requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting and analyzing the project’s business requirements and transferring the same knowledge to development team.
- Evaluating the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys, and workshops.
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of product to meet the client’s business needs.
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents.
- Communicating effectively with external clients and internal teams to deliver product’s functional requirements like screen, interface, and GUI designs.
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client.
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios.
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software.
- Managing any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines.
Skills and Specifications
- Advanced skills in Ms Word, Outlook, Visio and Excel.
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills.
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
Microsoft Certified Professional having around 7 years of experience in Systems Analysis, Design, Development, and Implementation of various applications including Web and Client/Server Applications under N-tier/ 3-tier Architecture.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, migrating of portal solutions using SP 2013, Office 365, SP 2010, MOSS 2007 and WSS.
- Experience in designing and developing application in .Net Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5/4.0/4.5 using C#, ASP.Net, Web Services, ADO.Net and WCF Services.
- Expertise on Create-Extend of Web Applications, Site Collection, customizing Site Definitions, Event Handlers, Document List and Libraries, Content Types using SP 2013, SP2010 and MOSS 2007.
- Expertise in working with Document management, Record Management, Web Content Management and applying Information Management policies.
- Experience in Migrating to SharePoint 2013/SharePoint Online from Moss 2007 or SharePoint Server 2010 using Third Party Tool like Metalogix Migration Manager, Database attach method.
- Experience in using SSP for User Profile Management, managing User Permissions and roles, defining Search scope, customizing the search features and Excel services.
- Extensive experience in Developing and building Web parts / Visual Web Part using SharePoint object model/ client model, SP Designer and Visual Studio.
- Proficient in creating and deploying forms using InfoPath 2013/2010/2007.
- Experience on working with CAML, LINQ and J Query to query any external source and creating Entity class using command line entity (SP Metal).
- Extensive experience in customizing Ribbon control, manage services of Metadata and customize various controls using ECMA script.
- Experience in integrating BI using Performance Point service helping Business decision making by building Reports, Scorecards, Dashboards and KPI’s from both SP and external Data sources.
- Good experience in implementing Out-of-box Workflows designed Custom Workflows using SharePoint Designer and also developed Sequential /State-Machine Workflows.
- Extensive experience on PowerShell cmdlet, SP Metal&Stsamd.exe commands for administering SharePoint and SharePoint Workspace to take SP sites data offline.
- Extensively worked on Managed Metadata Service, Taxonomy and created refinement for better search functionality and also managing and utilizing of metadata for tagging of contents.
- Experienced in deployment of Solution Packages at Site Collection Scope in a Sandboxed environment.
- Expertise on configuring various Service Applications in SP 2013 and SP 2010.
- Extensively worked on Visio Services for displaying the data in graphical representation.
- Knowledge of Migrate/Upgrade from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010 and SP 2010 to SP 2013, Office 365 using Hybrid and In Place approach.
- Experienced in development of complex stored procedures, triggers, functions, joins, and views as well as creating reports using Crystal Report and SSRS.
- Experienced in working with third party tools like Bamboo Web Parts and Nintex Workflow.
- Highly motivated, self-Directed, Enthusiastic and able to adapt and learn new technologies.
Certifications a Plus:
- MCPD-PRO(70-576): Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Apps
- Microsoft Certified Professional
Technical Skill Set:
SP Office 365, SharePoint 2013/2010/2007(MOSS), SP Designer 2013/2010/2007, InfoPath 2013/2010/2007.
C#, ASP.NET, .NET Framework 4.0/3.5/3.0/2.0, Web Services, WPF, WCF, WWF, REST
Microsoft IIS 8.0/7.0/6.0, DNS server , j Query, Java Scripts, HTML, ASP.NET
MS SQL Server/2005/2008/2008R2/2012
All Windows and Server platform, Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, VMware
Microsoft visual Studio 2013/2012/2010/2008/2005, MS Office 2013/2010/2007, Visio 2013/2010
Third Party Tools
Nintex, Bamboo Solutions, Metalogix Migration Manager, Quest SharePoint Site Administrator, Dell SP Site Administrator V 5.2, Doc Ave Migration Manager
Use case Diagram, Sequence and Activity Diagram, Class Diagram using UM pattern
SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005, Oracle9i, MS-Access/ LINQ